ESIC joined the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) in November 25th, 2010. Its mission is to inspire and promote responsible management education, research and thought leadership globally. The PRME are inspired by internationally accepted values such as the principles of the UN Global Compact. They seek to establish a process of continuous improvement among institutions of management education, in order to develop a new generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex challenges faced by businesses and society in the 21st century.
The 6 PRME principles are as follows:
- Principle 1 | Purpose: We will develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work towards an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
- Principle 2 | Values: We will incorporate into our academic activities and curricula the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the UN Global Compact.
- Principle 3 | Method: We will create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
Principle 4 | Research: We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics and impact of corporations on the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value.
- Principle 5 | Partnership: We will interact with managers of business corporations to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
- Principle 6 | Dialogue: We will facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
The ESIC 2012 Communication on Progress is available at the PRME website with free access.